Tuesday 19 May 2015

Day 1

Arrived at the Hoek at 8 this morning and set of straight away for Katwijk. We made quite a big detour through Rijswijk and The Hague which was very special to me and nostalgic, seeing and going through places where I grew up. The picture is of The Kurhaus hotel. My father worked here, my great-grandfather and great great-grandfather. The fountain in front has been subjected by one of my brothers during his student years, adding coloured bubble-bath! The bubbles covered the whole square.  Lucky for him they never found out who the culprit was. Scheveningen, which is really part of The Hague, has always meant much to our family and indeed I spend many happy times there on the beach.
The cycling has been wonderful going through the dunes. We did not get wet, in spite of the bad forecast. There was a strong south westerly and we were simply too fast for the rain to catch us!
To proof we were there, our tandem is in the bottom right-hand corner.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment